Guest Strippin’ Xmas 5–A Call for Submissions!on December 11th, 2013
While this post is a bit later than usual, hopefully you guys have seen my notes under the strips saying that, yes, we are doing another Guest Strippin’ Xmas this year… provided I didn’t wait too long to tell you about it and we get enough entries!
The rules are pretty standard at this point, and you’ll find them below. This has been a good year for SF, I think, with a number of long time storylines having come to a head and some big new ones just launched. And it’s all leading to… something exceedingly cool. I saw you all fall in love with new characters (Atomic Fly) and out of love with old ones (Jerry) and I hope the fun and excitement I’ve been seeing will translate to some fun Guest Strips. You guys always crack me up with your takes on these characters and I hope you’ll just go as wild as you always do.
If you’d like to submit, here’s the specs and what you need to know:
• Submissions can be in either strip or page format. Valhalla years or SuperFogeys Origins–it’s up to you! (Just bear in mind that your stories won’t be canon.)
• Funny is good.
• Strips will run at 900 pixels across. Please send that size or larger. I can always scale down, but never up.
• Spy Gal naked is bad.
• Theme is up to you. We usually get some great Christmas-themed strips and I love that, but you can really do what want so long as it stays PG-appropriate. If you’re looking for a theme, how about this: The Fogeys as characters from pop and geek culture. For some reason, I really want to see that this year.
• Please include “SuperFogeys (copyright symbol) 2013 Brock Heasley” underneath the strip.
• email to: bwhheasley (at) gmail.com
• Include your name, name of your comic (if you have one) and website url (if you have one) and whatever biographical information you’d like to see posted with your strip. Promoting you is my thank you, so please make sure I have my facts straight!
• Deadline is Dec. 20th
Have at it, folks! Please ask any questions you have in the comments below.